menu

 Generated button Generated button Generated button Generated button Generated button

Friday, November 5, 2010

How to Import Blogspot Layouts

  • To import and use a new layout, first search for available layouts. This Google search shows many possibilities. I would recommend a layout that features a top menu bar. Most blogspot layouts do not feature this menu bar, but the free blogger layouts available here do all have this menu bar. The menu bar makes for much easier navigation around your blog. And creating these menu links in a dropdown menu is easy – I show how in the next tutorial.
  • After you have found a layout you like, download it to your computer. You MUST unzip the file if it is in zipped form. Note that you will need to rename your links in your template file – see this step-by-step blogger tutorial – it is fairly straight forward.
  • From your dashboard, choose Layout, as shown below.
    blogspot8
  • On the next page, choose Edit HTML, as shown below. Don’t worry, you won’t have to edit any HTML!
    blogspot17
  • On the next screen you will see a prompt to Download your current template – you should do this if you have a custom template or you have customized a standard template. After that, browse for your downloaded template file – it will be a single XML extension file. Click upload. If all goes well, you have a new site!
    blogspot18B
  • Here is my new site below – Nice improvement! I created this template with Artisteer, which is a tool I absolutely love! If you would like for me to create a custom template with your photo integrated in similar to the one below, I can do so for a fee of $9.95. Otherwise, I have some free Blogspot templates you can use as well at my Free Blogspot Template page. Also, visit my other pages dealing with Blogspot settings and making money from your Blogspot blog..
    blogspot19
  • Disclaimer: I have an affiliate agreement with Artisteer. But that does not change the fact that I absolutely love it and it has made creating nice looking and functional WordPress and Blogger templates a breeze.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment